With Dark Souls II just around the corner, I’m starting to get those mixed emotions of overwhelming excitement and crippling anxiety that only true Souls fans will understand. On the one hand we are tantalizingly close to a sequel for what many agree to be one of the greatest games of all time. On the other hand we also know too well that this will mean sleepless, sweary nights and crushingly difficult obstacles to overcome. We are resigned to the fact that for the forseeable future our lives will be consumed by an insatiable thirst for sweet, sweet souls. With this in mind, we have outlined 10 warning signs that suggest you might be dangerously obsessed with Dark Souls.
1. You can’t go outside on a nice day without proclaiming ‘Praise the Sun!’
2. You get annoyed that your wedding ring is taking up a valuable item slot.
3. On camping trips, you always sit a little too close to the fire.
4. You always sprint across bridges for fear of dragon attacks.
5. You only wear a T-shirt and shorts even on really cold days, in case you need to roll.
6. You have even considered public nudity for maximum speed and agility.
7. Near death experiences make your souls flash before your eyes.
8. You constantly graffiti bathroom stalls with messages like ‘beware of rear’.
9. You creep down hallways and jump back when opening boxes in case it’s a mimic.
10. You confidently walk through bad neighborhoods at night thinking ‘Hey, it’s no Blighttown’.
Dark Souls II will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 11 in North America and on March 14 in PAL territories. A PC version will also follow at a later date. Stay tuned to LootChaser for more news and our upcoming review of Dark Souls II.